- August 1, 2017: Tereza Kubenova joined our team as a part-time technician.
She will help with electrolytic and chemical polishing of single crystals of bcc metals.
- September 1, 2016: Petr Vacek joined our team as a Ph.D. student.
He will focus on experimental studies of threading dislocations in III-nitride semiconductors.
- November 27, 2015: Roman Gröger, Jan Fikar and Andriy Ostapovets are
awarded the following three standard research grants funded by Czech Science Foundation (all 2016-2018):
Origin and mechanism of anomalous slip in non-magnetic bcc metals (16-13797S)
Interaction of prismatic dislocation loops in alpha iron and tungsten (16-24402S)
Mechanisms of plastic deformation and twinning interfaces in hexagonal metals (16-14599S)
- November 13, 2015: Roman Gröger becomes associate professor of Materials Science and
Engineering at the Brno University of Technology.
- May 22, 2015: Andriy Ostapovets receives the Otto Wichterle Prize from the Academy of
Sciences of the Czech Republic.
- February 1, 2015: Roman Gröger becomes the research group leader (RGL) of a newly
established CEITEC research group "Multiscale modelling and measurements of physical
- September 1, 2014: Roman Gröger becomes the acting research group leader of the
CEITEC's group Transport and Magnetic Properties.
- April 21, 2014: Lucien Leconte joined our team as an ERASMUS student.
He will focus on atomistic studies of the core structures of threading dislocations in GaN.
- September 1, 2013: Jan Fikar joined our team as a researcher.
He is working to understand the radiation damage in Fe and W using molecular statics and dynamics.
- April 2, 2013: Andriy Ostapovets joined our team as a postdoc.
The objective of his work is to describe the mechanism of twinning in hexagonal close-packed metals, in particular Mg and Co.
- May 6, 2013: Baptiste Marchand joined our team as an ERASMUS student.
He will use mesoscopic models to study dislocation patterning in crystalline lattices under stress.
- March 1, 2013: Libor Smejkal joined our team as a Master's student.
He will develop a Potts model to describe the ordering of point defects in deformable elastic lattices.
- February 7, 2013: Jan Starek joined our team as a Master's student.
He will describe transformation pathways of screw dislocations in bcc W under stress using a tight-binding-based Bond Order Potential.